Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Amcas EC question - year off

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pinkblue, May 12, 2008.

1. pinkblue

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    With AMCAS opening soon, I have a question:

I completed 2 years at my university & then studied abroad for a year. I returned to school and completed my degree. When I went back to my U.S. school, I picked up on many of the extra curriculars that I was involved with before I left.

My question is: How do I fill out AMCAS for these ECs? When they ask the start date, do I put fall 2004 to spring 2008 and then just add a comment in the detail box that I was NOT involved from fall 2006 to spring 2007?

Should I not write ANYTHIGN in the start & end date box and clarify the date in the explanation box? I think they might frown on me having almost NO start and stop dates, but I don't wan to misrepresent my involvement.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. patekpremed

Pre-Medical
    I would write the ultimate start date and the ultimate end date and then just make a note in the text box that you were abroad for 2 semesters so obviously couldn't participate, but picked it back up when you got back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pinkblue

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks! I appreciate your advice.