Amcas Email

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Gotrob, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Gotrob

Gotrob Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Following the directions given to me by the AMCAS recorded message, I sent an email to AMCAS with the heading...transcript status...to (obviously) check the status of my transcripts. today (ten days later) They sent an automated message back that essentially told me to send an email with the heading...transcript status...if I want to find out my transcript status.

Fortunately, I have already checked my transcript status by phone and they are in, but I think I will play along with them just to see if they will ever email me an answer.

Advice...don't expect any answer to any question through email.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jbfuq

jbfuq Member
    7+ Year Member

don't feel bad.....i still have unanswered emails pending from before i submitted my amcas in early july.....i have been tracking them and for a while there they were being transfered around, but i quit checking after 3 weeks had gone by.

4. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't bother with email. They never answer it. You'll do better to call, but because of the latest application screw-up, the phones have been loaded up again.

I sent an email to check my transcript status a month ago. Two weeks later I got the same form letter you did. I resent and still haven't heard anything.

I called and they were able to verify my transcripts were there.

Pam

5. JenniferC15

JenniferC15 Member
    7+ Year Member

I got that exact same email. It's really frustrating to get it the first time after waiting two weeks to get it back...and then you follow their directions and put "transcript status" in the subject line only to have the same email sent back yet again. I'd like to phone in, but I'm calling from Canada, so it'll cost a fortune because I know I'll be on hold forever.

6. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    got the same email with transcript status for the subject. It's pretty much a waste of my time reading anything from AMCAS anymore.

later