AMCAS...entering a relative as the contact person????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

classicalmusic

I am not applying to MD and DO schools until three more years. However, I set up an ACMAS account just to check it out.

I was wondering....I taught piano/music theory for 13 months to a second cousin of mine who was 9 or 10 at the time. I think this is very important because I did write my own lesson books and arrange tunes for the lessons, so a bit of creative work was involved.

Is it okay to enter this: what do you think?

Organization name: "Family"
Contact Name: (my first cousins name)

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

That's fine. I did something similar. Although, maybe, instead of listing "family" in the organization field, you could put "none" or "independent" or something like that and just explain that it was your relative that you were teaching in the description.

thanks. Lots of my other "EC"s will include music (even in "a clinical setting"), so hopefully adcoms won't think im lying.

MollyMalone said:
That's fine. I did something similar. Although, maybe, instead of listing "family" in the organization field, you could put "none" or "independent" or something like that and just explain that it was your relative that you were teaching in the description.