AMCAS Error?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwright76

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble with the AMCAS? I keep getting an error message after I enter my address.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been through a lot of it already, including the section for your personal information, and I never got an error message I didn't deserve. It may be that the server is so busy, with everyone entering information today. Hopefully it will get faster / better as the rush dies down.

What exact error message are you getting? That might help those who have been through that section help you more.

Don't worry, Jwright. The errors you're getting probably aren't because of something you are doing, it's because this year's application is FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED. I can't figure out why they took away E-AMCAS discs. Technology. Bah!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree rx, I think they should have left the AMCAS-E as an option.

Then you could work at your own pace instead of the pace being dictated by the number of people currently logged in to the web app.

jw,

Make sure that there is not a refresh operation going on while you are changing data.

Look at the bottom of your browser window and check for the rising blue bar. If you see that at all, dont enter in any new data until it has refreshed the page.

I noticed that on the addresses, they have a dynamic list for the state counties that does not activate until you pick a state. Once you pick a state, the page refreshes to list the counties you can pick from. If you try to enter in data too quickly during this process, it will give you an error.

P.S. Why do they insist on having state county info for all these addresses? Its a royal pain the way they programmed it.

Just to confirm everyone's suspicion that our $$$ that we give to AMCAS for everything is going to complete waste, this is the message I have just gotten on my computer:

"Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information
Request canceled or ignored by serverServer busy or unable to fulfill request. The server is unable to fulfill your request due to extremely high traffic or an unexpected internal error. Please attempt your request again (if you are repeatedly unsuccessful you should notify the site administrator). (Location Code: 26)"

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! :mad:

CALL IT RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!

And to think that last year I was cursing them for making me throw the flopy in an envelope and stick it in the mail. I guess I didn't have it that bad after all.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous - I've gotten more errors out of AMCAS in the last 3 hours than out of Windoze 98 in the last month. Maybe I'll just become a dentist...