AMCAS ESSAY, need help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sng33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how you make paragraph indentations on both of the AMCAS Essays. When I paste them in from word to the application they are not indented. You cannot hit the tab button either to indent each paragraph. If you use the space bar for each you lose characters on the essay. The thing that stinks is when you print the application you cannot tell if it is indented or not. I would appreciate anyones help if you encountered a similar problem.

Members don't see this ad.

I think there were many threads on this topic before. Just do a search. I never read any of those threads, but I didn't do anything. I just left it the way it was. I don't think schools will really care, especially with this year's screwed up applications. You can try putting some HTML tags in (<p> at the beginning of the paragraph and </p> at the end) but I'm not sure if this will work.

I just left a space between each paragraph and did not indent. It looked fine. Good luck :)