Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS Essay...where did the indentations go

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Glucose, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Glucose

Glucose Junior Member

Hi Guys,
    For those of you who already submitted your AMCAS application...Do all of the paragraph indentation disappear when you put you essay in the little window provided. When i pasted my essay in, it looked fine, but on the print out of my application it's just one big unindented block, like a huge notepad document. Is this how everyone's looked. Let me know ASAP, I'm trying to submit tonight (well , what's left of it :) )

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bikini Princess

I had this problem too, god knows I played around with it trying to get the indentations to work for a long time and finally gave up. I did double-space the paragraphs of the essay though, just in case the indentations are missing.

4. Glucose

Glucose Junior Member

hmmm the double space thing makes sense.
    I wonder what the Med School printout looks like, cus what they get might be just fine. I don't want to double space and then the indentations show up, then I look like I don't know proper format.
    AARrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh I'm going bald over this process!!!!

5. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!

Maybe essay formatting is an optional extra not included in AMCAS's pricing. Try sending them more money. :rolleyes:

Actually I had the same problem last year. What I did was single space my paragraphs and used a single space between them and instead of indenting them, I just left them as blocks with everything on the left margin. Actually, you use less characters doing it this way than trying to indent the first line of each paragraph, and it looks just as professional.

I was able to glimpse my essay printout during one of my interviews, and it was formatted the same way I entered it as I described above.

6. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member

seconding what Smoke This wrote - I just added a blank line after each paragraph and didnt indend. It looked purdy and saved characters. :laugh: