AMCAS FAQs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsteves4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry to separate this from the "official thread" but i could not find the questions i wanted, so here they are

1. Do we put down all future classes we plan to take? I am taking one this summer (at a different school), and of course my whole senior year so should I enter those?

2. If we take a summer class at another school do they have to wait til the transcripts are in for that class to verify (in which case wouldnt be until august for me when this class is done)?

3. What is the format for the activities section? should it be like a resume format, no first person, ie.. "Was involved in AAAA, duties included XXXX.." or more personalized... "As a member of YYY for three years I established ZZZ, and I also..."

4. When do you acutally see your AMCAS calculated GPA?

Thanks all for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you do include future classes you plan on taking on AMCAS, waiting until the class is complete to send the transcripts. I believe the Activities section should be more personalized, but try to keep it to the point keeping in mind how many of these apps ADCOMs have to read.

LaDoctorFutura said:
Yes, you do include future classes you plan on taking on AMCAS, waiting until the class is complete to send the transcripts.

whoa, hold on one second. don't wait to have your transcripts sent if you want your application verified now. you technically have until fall 2006 to finish any classes, so if you're applying this summer, enter your future classes but obviously have your transcripts sent right away. how are they to verify your application if they have to wait for a transcript?