AMCAS fee waiver documentation for secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UVAbme2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what proper documentation of this would be? There isn't a form to print out on the FAP website. It's just a paragraph that says you've been approved. I called SUNY Downstate, but I was just told to print the form, which is fine, but there is no form.

This is what I am looking at:

We are pleased to inform you that your application for fee assistance, through the AAMC Fee Assistance Program (FAP), has been approved for the 2008 calendar year. This FAP approval may be applied to any MCAT registration or AMCAS application that you submit subsequent to the date of this approval notice during the 2008 calendar year.

For the MCAT, this approval may be used to reduce your MCAT registration fee from $210 to $85. Please register online at www.aamc.org/students/mcat.

For AMCAS, this approval may be used to waive all AMCAS fees for up to 13 medical schools. A fee of $30 per school will be charged for each school designation beyond the initial set of 13 schools.

Please note that this approval applies only to the MCAT Registration fee and the AMCAS Service fee for the current calendar year. It is not a guaranteed waiver of supplemental application fees required by individual medical schools. It is your responsibility to contact medical schools directly for further information regarding supplemental fees.

We suggest you keep a copy of this notice for your records and for verification purposes.

Should I just print this out and submit it?

Members don't see this ad.

thats what i have been doing - just printing that first page you see upon signing into the FAP website. did it for suny downstate and yale.