AMCAS - Filling in Items

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crohnie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

I am going to be completing the AMCAS form shortly, in 1 or 2 months. My question is in regards to the Work/Activities section which says you have to write something to the limit of 1325 words. How should you write this, should it be in perfect form, like 3 paragraphs, etc, etc. Or is it short, concise, and to the point. Does anyone have any examples of what was written in there or can direct me on where to find examples? Thanks a bunch!!

Take Care,

Crohnie

Members don't see this ad.

Dear All,

I am going to be completing the AMCAS form shortly, in 1 or 2 months. My question is in regards to the Work/Activities section which says you have to write something to the limit of 1325 words. How should you write this, should it be in perfect form, like 3 paragraphs, etc, etc. Or is it short, concise, and to the point. Does anyone have any examples of what was written in there or can direct me on where to find examples? Thanks a bunch!!

Take Care,

Crohnie

You can't start filling out AMCAS until it opens to 08 applicants in May. Until then, write your responses in Word and save them.

To answer your question, I would be as concise as you can, but don't be afraid to elaborate if you feel it's necessary. Keep in mind that adcoms won't spend that much time reading, so you want to make sure you highlight important points.

You can't start filling out AMCAS until it opens to 08 applicants in May. Until then, write your responses in Word and save them.

To answer your question, I would be as concise as you can, but don't be afraid to elaborate if you feel it's necessary. Keep in mind that adcoms won't spend that much time reading, so you want to make sure you highlight important points.

Dammit, you beat me to it. I was going to say something clever and witty, but what's the point now.
Back to looking for fresh post to add a witty comment to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear All,

Take Care,

Crohnie

My advisor's recommendation was to be concise....on his recommendation, I ended up essentially using resume-style descriptions (which aren't really even complete sentences) and it seems it wasn't a problem. Added bonus was that I could then pull some descriptions directly from my actual resume. :)

People reading apps don't have much time to spend per app, and don't want to have to slog through 3 paragraphs to get the essential points (and, if anything, it can look like you're trying to pad your application). Don't leave anything important out, but boil it down to key points.

Depends on the topic. If you can explain it in 100 characters, do it.

Do your best to be concise but not sound like a jackass... Give the information plain and simple, and don't think too much of it. Save the good literature for your essays.