AMCAS finally verified today....YAAAAYYY!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchoolFool

Shake Zula
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
WOW! I am so, so, so, so excited!!! I just can't believe that my application is finally in front of med school adcom eyes. It has been almost 4 years since I decided to change the direction of my life and pursue medicine as a career. (Can you believe I was once going to go into law???) I'm just so happy to finally be at the point that my next move will either be interviews and acceptance (acceptances if I'm lucky), or "Sorry, but try again next year."

Honestly, my MCAT is average (30R), and my GPA is not stellar, only a 3.21 for AMCAS, although my last 130 hours were completed with a 3.77 overall (yep...I have 240 total undergraduate hours....crazy, I know). With a record like this, I really don't know how I will be recieved by adcoms. But I'm hoping that good EC's and a superb committe recommendation from my undergrad school will be enough to at least get me an interview. I'm optimistic.

Just wanted to say that I'm ecstatic to be verified! I have already recieved a secondary request from Temple (everyone who applies gets one), and a notice from Virginia Commonwealth that they are screening my application for a secondary selection (keeping my fingers crossed). Good luck to everyone else applying this year.

Members don't see this ad.

MedSchoolFool said:
WOW! I am so, so, so, so excited!!! I just can't believe that my application is finally in front of med school adcom eyes. It has been almost 4 years since I decided to change the direction of my life and pursue medicine as a career. (Can you believe I was once going to go into law???) I'm just so happy to finally be at the point that my next move will either be interviews and acceptance (acceptances if I'm lucky), or "Sorry, but try again next year."

Honestly, my MCAT is average (30R), and my GPA is not stellar, only a 3.21 for AMCAS, although my last 130 hours were completed with a 3.77 overall (yep...I have 240 total undergraduate hours....crazy, I know). With a record like this, I really don't know how I will be recieved by adcoms. But I'm hoping that good EC's and a superb committe recommendation from my undergrad school will be enough to at least get me an interview. I'm optimistic.

Just wanted to say that I'm ecstatic to be verified! I have already recieved a secondary request from Temple (everyone who applies gets one), and a notice from Virginia Commonwealth that they are screening my application for a secondary selection (keeping my fingers crossed). Good luck to everyone else applying this year.

Good luck! So when did you hit that Submit button??

Orthodoc...Actually Temple's secondary has a couple of essay questions, so I probably won't submit it until after this weekend.

However, I did submit the secondary for UPenn today. No essay questions. Basically all they want to know is if either of parents are alive, and if they have ever had anything to do with UPenn in any capacity. Took about 1 minute to fill it out....including the $80 charge to my credit card. Oh well...those poor med schools have to make their money some way.

MedSchoolFool said:

Yeah man!

AMCAS is out of the way and you can move on to the next step! :luck: