AMCAS Foreign Study Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wardens

Long arm of the law
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to fill out my AMCAS from abroad at a non-US sponsored institution. We run on trimesters with two courses per trimester, but it's converted to 32 semester hours for the year back home. How should I represent this for credit hours on the AMCAS app.? Do I just check that 'units are NOT convertible to semester hours' and leave semester hours blank? Also I don't finish until the end of june here, so should I check off courses for the third trimester as current/future coursework even though they're pass/fail and I'm certain I'll pass? Finally, what the heck is the difference between semester and credit hours? Argh, this is obnoxious.

Members don't see this ad.

Enter everything in as it will appear on any transcripts you do send in. If you are not sending in a foreign transcript and the classes appear on a US transcript, then enter them in as they appear there- US course names, US course hours, US grades (if on the transcript). Therefore you can but them down as sem. hours and abc grades. If they're not on a US transcript then you have to put them in as best you can, which doesn't matter much if you're not having them verified via a transcript.