amcas gpa calculation based on aacomas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aposteriori

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I was curious on how much lower would my cgpa and sgpa would be for amcas. I am neurotic and cannot wait for the verification of my amcas application!

My aacomas cgpa was 3.7 and my sgpa was 3.88.
However, aacomas replaced the 3 F's I retook.
I got an F in cultural anthropology and got an A, 4 units
I got an F in English 1A and got an A, 4 units
I got an F in Calc 9A and got a B.(this factors into my sgpa), 4 units

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS also counts all your grades so all your F's are averaged in. I would probably not expect any interviews from MD schools with 3 prior F's in classes.

AMCAS also counts all your grades so all your F's are averaged in. I would probably not expect any interviews from MD schools with 3 prior F's in classes.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.... OP might have a very good reason for those Fs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.... OP might have a very good reason for those Fs.

Perhaps, but medical school gets a lot of applicants without any F's. The OP will have to show a lot for those F's.

He would have to rock on the MCAT with a really good score.

Perhaps, but medical school gets a lot of applicants without any F's. The OP will have to show a lot for those F's.

He would have to rock on the MCAT with a really good score.

Agreed.

Hi SDN,

I was curious on how much lower would my cgpa and sgpa would be for amcas. I am neurotic and cannot wait for the verification of my amcas application!

My aacomas cgpa was 3.7 and my sgpa was 3.88.
However, aacomas replaced the 3 F's I retook.
I got an F in cultural anthropology and got an A, 4 units
I got an F in English 1A and got an A, 4 units
I got an F in Calc 9A and got a B.(this factors into my sgpa), 4 units

Thanks in advance!
Wait, are you asking us to do the math for you? Come on...
a) Take the gpa from AACOMAS and multiply it by the total credit hours from AACOMAS.
b) Now add 12 to your total credit hours.
c) Divide the number from a) by the number you got in b)

That's an estimate of your AMCAS gpa.

sGPA is more complicated because AMCAS and AACOMAS classify math differently. You can do it by hand if you want, though. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user