Amcas gpa calculator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thekiterunner89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I can't find the thread where this is discussed so if someone can guide me please do.
Otherwise illstill just write my quesion out here

If the following classes were taken and a cettain grade was received, but then retaken for a higher grade how does that work. Please help me out.

Physics 1 first time:F, second time B+
Chem 1 first time D: second time A

Other low grades are as follows please let me know if i should retake anything even though theyre not science
Chem 2: B-
Psychology Stats D
Algebra and Trig D

No other science grade is less than an A- and this applies to orgo bio etc.

Please help me out with the sgpa calculating

Members don't see this ad.

I find it extraordinarily hard to believe this didn't come up in a search, given that the similar threads displayed at the bottom of this page are "AMCAS GPA Calculation"; "College - AMCAS GPA Calculator"; "GPA Calculation on AMCAS"; "AMCAS GPA Calculation Question"; and "AMCAS GPA calculation question".

However, I will tell you that the AMCAS counts ALL grades in their calculation, there is no such thing as a retake. If you get a C and retake and get an A, they will include both, so essentially you get credit for a B.

You might want to consider DO schools, as their app both does count retakes (they only use the most recent grade) and they do not include math classes as "science" which may take some of the sting out of your stats and algebra grades.

Members don't see this ad :)