AMCAs GPA mistake...advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anna82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My AMCAs was verified this morning, and I noticed an error they made calculating credit hours. I called AMCAs, and they agreed that they had made a mistake. Essentially, the GPA showing on my appliation now is about 0.4 points less than the actual GPA (my BCPM GPA, however, is unaffected).

AMCAs said that it would take 3 weeks to make the change, and the schools have the incorrect GPA info at the moment. Is this something worth sending an e-mail to my schools about? I can't imagine that it would make too much difference, but I don't really know. I'm also betting that a lot of schools don't even look at primaries for a bit.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Uhh.. a difference of 0.4 is like a 3.4 to a 3.8. That change is WAY more important than the loss of 3 weeks.

Whoops, I meant to write that the mistake caused a GPA error of 0.04, rather than 0.4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoops, I meant to write that the mistake caused a GPA error of 0.04, rather than 0.4.

o_O, that makes a world of difference! I honestly wouldn't bother with an update unless it bumps you into a new category (3.61 instead of 3.57). By the time you get action on your application, the change will have been made already.

You should really only be wary of GPA cutoffs. Other than that, I don't see much rush to send an e-mail. Call schools anyway to see what they think before actually sending an e-mail attaching your name to an official request.

Yeah, it does bump me up to a higher category (from 3.88 to 3.92), but even then I doubt it would affect a cutoff (unless maybe some of the state schools have high cutoffs for out of state students).

Thanks for the response.

Oh, and the class that caused the GPA miscalculation was a Summer Jazz Dance Seminar at my local university when I was on break from my actual school. And I'm a math major.

So really, aside from the inconvenience this causes, I find the situation quite amusing.