Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS has begun processing??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hopkins2010, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Everybody check your online web application.

I just looked at mine and there is a new choice instead of the previous "Certification/Submission" button. Instead there is now a choice labeled "Change Notification Process"

I clicked on it and it displays the following message:

"Your application has completed processing or is currently being verified by AMCAS. Changes, corrections, and updates to your schools attended or coursework must be reviewed and approved as part of the verification process. Please carefully review your post-transmission changes before submitting your request. You may select the 'Delete' option next to any Change Request to remove the change request from being submitted to AMCAS.

If your application has already completed processing and you question how AMCAS has verified any of your coursework, click on the "Send Note" button to communicate your specific concerns to AMCAS.

Select the "Submit" button to submit your application changes to AMCAS. If you wish to submit at a later time, select the "Return" button to exit out of the screen without submitting your application changes to AMCAS."

I also checked the printout but nothing has changed yet (still no processing date, missiong MCAT bio score, no marks next to courses).

Maybe they are at least trying to get the process underway, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sc

sc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just checked my application, but I don't have that choice!! I submitted on June 22. AMCAS has my transcripts.

3. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

Same story here. baylor21, what did you do to gain AMCAS's favor? I thought that I was AMCAS's golden boy, but now I seem to be out of its favor. I had no major problems filling out my AMCAS app and submitting. It was certified right away. AMCAS has my transcripts. Then, out of the blue, AMCAS smote me with the disappearing schools bug, and right after that, it is not displaying my MCAT, nor is it giving me the processing message. This is starting to sound like a bizarre contemporary takeoff on the book of Job. If I get boils or something I will know for sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't have anything either.

5. Hopkins2010

Removed

Well, just keep in mind that this is simply referring to transcript verification, and not transmittal to the med schools.

Even if they were to get this done, with the transmittal problems they are having it probably wont matter anyways.

I submitted on June 29th, so I'm not sure why you guys who submitted before me are getting shafted. Maybe they go in alphabetical order by name or something.

6. jbfuq

jbfuq Member
    7+ Year Member

i know that this has already been asked before, but here i go:

i submitted my app a week ago, and i havent' been back to the amcas site until this afternoon. i noticed that when i printed out a copy of my amcas last week when i submitted, the "certification & transmission" box was checked off. now when i go back to the site, it isn't checked off. is this how everyone else's is, or am i just special?? (sarcasm highly implied!!)

7. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

I have the SAME button next to my application!!! :) :) :)
    WOOHOO..i submitted my application on July 1st. So maybe they are finally getting going.

8. MoeDaMan

MoeDaMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I submitted my on june 28th and I don't have anything there either!!!

this sucks :(

good luck baylor!!!

9. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Nothing new on my application either. I submitted June 29, but I did add two additional school so it changed my submit date to July 16. Oh well, I guess I pushed myself back.

:p

10. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

scooby and baylor, are you applying EDP anywhere? supposedly AMCAS is only working on EDP applications right now. i applied early (june 24th) but am not applying EDP, so perhaps that is why my app still has the cert/trans button and doesn't appear to be in the verification process.

11. Hopkins2010

Removed

No, actually I am not applying EDP anywhere. One of the posts on the PR board stated that AMCAS told them that the EDP applicants are in the transmittal phase right now. So I guess we are one step behind.

Anybody on this board applying EDP?

12. ewells

ewells Big Daddy
    7+ Year Member

I received two secondaries yesterday (7/20) and the letters that came with them both started "We have received your application from AMCAS...". So either the schools (Rochester and Penn St) have received my primary, or they are just using the form letters that they already had prepared.

13. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all,
    I submit my appl on 7/1. went back to the web appl today, baylor21 ur right, but my
    Certification/Submission had changed to Certification/Transmission NOT "Change Notification Process." I followd the link and nothing was there. what in the world r they doing? I wonder what all this means? any idea people?

14. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Certification&Transmission is what was originally on there. Yours hasn't changed at all.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wait a sec; was it *ever* not "certification and transmission"? I'm not doubting you or anything, it's just I wouldn't have noticed the difference had you not mentioned it. But it does say " . .transmission" on mine too. When I go to it, it's back to the old institutional action questions, which is what was there before. I'm confused!!!!!

16. grasshopper

7+ Year Member

ok, disregard my question then

17. grasshopper

7+ Year Member

baylor21, had you tried to submit changes to your app? I did this and didn't get any such notice, but I just thought I'd check . . .any time you submit a change, does it move back your "date submitted" thing? Because I'm going to get a fall address here in a while, so is that going to push my application back again if I submit it? Because I sure wouldn't want to lose my place in this line which is headed absolutely nowhere quickly. AMCAS sarcasm, sorry. Thanks to the people who keep reminding us that they're doing their best.

18. Hopkins2010

Removed

No, I tried specifically to make sure that I DID NOT resubmit the application after the very first time.

I'm not sure if it moves your date of submission back or not if you make changes, but I was hesistant to make any changes if I could avoid it.

Once you get "Change Notification Process" button, it will list your undergrad school(s) and give you the choice of submittign course changes or sending notes to AMCAS.

19. Hopkins2010

Removed

UPDATE:

Now my transcript courses have been filled in on the AMCAS printout with those special symbols and my undergrad school was removed from the "Change Notification Process" button.

My MCAT bio score is still missing on the printout, but I now have a "Date Processed" of 7/21.

I guess the people at AMCAS are working on Saturdays now.

20. MoeDaMan

MoeDaMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Congratulations Baylor!!!

Good luck bro!!!

:D

21. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congrats Baylor. Who did you sleep with to get such special treatment? ;)

22. Hopkins2010

Removed

Thanks to all those with positive comments... I'm still refusing to get my hopes up until I see the transmittal dates on the AMCAS printout and get contact from the schools that they actually have received everything and the info is all correct.

Supposedly EDP applicants should be in the process of transmitting, but I havent heard from any EDP people that thats indeed the case.

23. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm an EDP applicant and unfortunately I still have no MCAT stuff on my app. and I have not had my transmitted to my school yet.

I applied like July 1-3 or something like that.

later

24. Hopkins2010

Removed

I just received the following email from the University of Virginia:

Dear University of Virginia School of Medicine applicant:

Your electronic AMCAS application for the entering class of 2002 has been received by the University of Virginia School of Medicine. Please go to the following website to complete the University of Virginia's Supplemental Application:

hsc.virginia.edu/supplement/

If you do not have access to the web, or if you have difficulty filling out the Supplemental Application as it appears on your computer, please contact the Admissions Office at (434) 924-5571, or by e-mail at [email protected] We will be happy to send you a hard copy of the Supplemental Application for you to fill out manually. We will notify you by e-mail when we receive your Supplemental Application and your $60 processing fee (or documentation of your AMCAS Fee Waiver). We will notify you again when your application is complete with all required materials.

Sincerely,

Beth A. Bailey, Ph.D.
    Director of Admissions
    U. Virginia School of Medicine

I also received an email from the MD/PhD program at UVA stating pretty much the same info.

I checked my AMCAS app, and nothing has changed since it has been processed, so I'm going to email UVA and see if they got my whole application or just some preliminary info about me.

Did anybody else get an email like this who is applying to UVA?

25. SwimGirl

SwimGirl Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Baylor,
    I got that email from UVa today too. However, my app hasn't been processed or anything yet. I still have the certification and transmission button and no marks by my classes. I think that UVa is just responding to the name and address info that AMCAS has been sending out. I wish that it did mean transmission, but it doesn't look like it....

26. SwimGirl

SwimGirl Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Baylor,
    I got that email from UVa today too. However, my app hasn't been processed or anything yet. I still have the certification and transmission button and no marks by my classes. I think that UVa is just responding to the name and address info that AMCAS has been sending out. I wish that it did mean transmission, but it doesn't look like it....

27. Hopkins2010

Removed

OK, thats what I thought too... just checking

28. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

This is way strange that only baylor21 here has had his app processed. Anyone else heard anything about processing?

BTW, baylor21: I think I remember reading on AMCAS that they would email you when your app is processed. Have you gotten anything from AMCAS?

29. Hopkins2010

Removed

I was thinking the same thing, and no I havent gotten an email from AMCAS yet. My courses are all marked with symbols on the printout and my date processed is filled in. I'm assuming that they are finished with it except for the transmittal.

I was hoping that more people would have been processed, since that would tend to indicate AMCAS is starting to solve its problems and the process might be moving forward.

30. MoeDaMan

MoeDaMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Baylor buddy :D

I got the same email form Viginia, and I called the folks down there....

I told the lady, how on earth did u get my electronic application? It hasn't been processed yet? :D....she said "oh really?"

went and came back, and said they simply got our emails and stuff, no gpa or mcat scores......

Baylor it seems like yours is the only application being processed....I guess the Gods of AMCAS love u :D

now where the heck does that leave us, who knows? :rolleyes:

31. bobcat

bobcat Member
    10+ Year Member

I now have my MCAT score listed on my printout with my bio score included. The certification/transmission button hasn't changed though. If anyone else is being processed, post your progress. Good luck all!

32. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

Same story here with the MCAT scores listed. This is a good sign, I hope.

33. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I almost soiled myself when I saw all three MCATs listed this morning. Whew. I submitted on the 26th of June and thought I'd never see progress. Still says Certification/Transmission though.

Andrew

34. sc

sc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My MCAT scores are posted too! I can't believe it. My application still hasn't been processed even though I submitted on June 22nd.

35. MoeDaMan

MoeDaMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

OH MY GOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSH

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIEEEEEEE :hungover:

THE DA*N SCORES HAVE BEEEEEEEEN POSTEEEEEEEEEED

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEE :eek:

sigh :rolleyes:

36. Hopkins2010

Removed

If your schedule is anything like mine, within a day or so you will get that new "Change Notification Process" button and shortly after that all your courses will be verified on your printout.

Once you get to that point, I have a question. Under "Change Notification Process" it gives you an option to send a note to AMCAS. I was wondering if this implies that your note will be processed in a different manner from email (i.e. you will get a real, quick response instead of some autoreply 5 days later).

However, if you send the note to AMCAS, it makes you go thru the whole process of re-certifying again.

37. Jacky

Jacky Member
    10+ Year Member

Under the mcat section, what is the category "series" referring to?

38. jordews

jordews Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Jacky, I was wondering that too. I have series 21, whatever that means. I'm thinkng maybe it is signifying I took the april test, or maybe its the specific form I had on the april test. Who knows..

39. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I got my MCAT scores on the printout too but while checking the rest of the printout, I realized that AMCAS has deleted two of my courses for next year! I had to re-add them and re-certify again. I've done this like 3 times already. It's getting so annoying. And I haven't gotten that new button on the front page either.

40. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

I am grateful to report that my app has been processed. I got MCAT scores on there yesterday, like some of you on this thread, and when I checked this evening, I see that my grades have been verified. I would be happier, but AMCAS is no closer to transmitting my app. I would guess that they are going to process a lot more apps before they want to start transmission.

It seems pretty likely now that your MCAT scores appear on your printout right before it's processed, since the same thing happened to me and baylor21. Wait for your MCAT scores to appear, and the rest is history. So, hang in there and post your progress.

41. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Baylor21 and Smoke This,

What by chance is the first letter of your last names? Maybe that'll help make sense of the order in which they're processing.

Andrew

42. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

My last name begins with A. However, I did submit on the 22nd of June, the first scheduled day for non-EDP applicants. Still, AMCAS can't seem to be able to transmit any more than our names and email addresses, so this is a pretty dubious honor for me. Good luck.

43. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my MCAT scores appeared the same time that baylor21's did, yet my app STILL hasn't been processed/verified! :(

i submitted it on june 24th, and my last name starts with 'M'.

44. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

sandflea: give it a day or so and see what happens. Perhaps it is alphabetical as Andrew suggested, but in any case it seems to me that your day is coming. Matching MCAT scores to your application must be an individual process or else everyone here would have them on their printouts; someone at AMCAS must be looking at your app about now. That has to be a preliminary step in the individual review/verification of your app.

45. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Because I finally got through to AMCAS last week (and mailed the request out the same day) only to find out that a transcript was missing, my file is incomplete. Anyone have a guess as to how long after they receive a transcript that the grades are done? My MCAT scores are on it already. PS- my transcripts were sent from all 5 schools in the 3rd week of March!

46. Hopkins2010

Removed

My last name is a C.

Good to hear that others are getting processed now, although if AMCAS cant transmit it makes little difference.

Swimgirl is another poster that reported that her app has been processed on another thread.

Smoke, did you get any X or O symbols next to your courses?

47. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

just checked again....still no progress. it makes me worry that they lost my transcripts or something, even though i called to ask if they were received about a month and a half ago and they told me they had both.

48. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

Hi baylor21. I'm afraid I didn't get any such marks. All I have are "/", but I was very particular about entering my coursework, rearranging it, etc. and I waited until spring 2001 grades were in to send my transcript (late May). I did get some other extraneous mark which IE5.0 won't display, but it's for a nonessential class (social dance) and it's for next semester at that. I don't really care about that.

I read the other thread you started about that, and I am unfortunately really not in a comparable situation. I waited until after spring 2001 grades were in to send my transcript as I said, and I only had one to send. I'll bet that the AMCAS rocket scientists "processed" your app with your earlier transcript that didn't have up-to-date grades(I think that's what you were saying).

49. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm so jealous of you all!! :(

50. Smoke This

10+ Year Member

Looks like I'm wrong then. Sorry to offer false hope, but your app will get processed sometime. The more pressing problem is transmittal, though.