1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AMCAS help ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SaraMac13, Jul 1, 2002.

1. SaraMac13

SaraMac13 Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi guys, I'm finally ready to send off my app, but I have a quick question about entering grades. I have a few A+s and unlike my other B+s and A-s they aren't going into my GPA, and are being counted in "supplemental units". I know they are counted the same as As, so I'm wondering, should I enter them as As or leave them blank? If someone could get back to me soon I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I entered them as A+'s and AMCAS counted them as A's...althought both grades still showed up side by side....is that what you're asking? I don't know about the supplemental hours thing.

4. SaraMac13

SaraMac13 Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah, I don't know, it's weird. When I put in A+ in the OT grade space, the AMCAS grade space goes blank and I can't enter anything in it, and puts an N/A in the credit hours place. It puts the units in the "supplemental units" space. It looks just like if you were to put in a pass/not pass grade. It also doesn't figure the grade into my GPA. Is anyone else having these problems?

5. simpleG

simpleG Member
    7+ Year Member

saramac,

exact same problem, solution:

entered in A+, and it didn't even count as an A, it counts as supp. so i left them as A, and sent it in, and AMCAS verified with my transcript, and changed them to A+s. so bottom line, don't worry bout it, enter as As.

6. Femtochemistry

Femtochemistry Skunk Works
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When i put an A+ ( I 3 of them:calc 2, Orgo2 and a theater class), the AMCAS grade just showed an A. I don't really care since they are both worth a 4.0...

7. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

it's probably because your school hasn't said they give A+'s so AMCAS doesn't know what to do with it. you can enter it in as A or leave it as A+ (and AMCAS should change it to A). it's probably easier just to enter it as A.