SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS help ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SaraMac13, Jul 1, 2002.

1. SaraMac13

SaraMac13 Member 10+ Year Member

May 13, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi guys, I'm finally ready to send off my app, but I have a quick question about entering grades. I have a few A+s and unlike my other B+s and A-s they aren't going into my GPA, and are being counted in "supplemental units". I know they are counted the same as As, so I'm wondering, should I enter them as As or leave them blank? If someone could get back to me soon I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Doctora Foxy

Doctora Foxy Meow 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    I entered them as A+'s and AMCAS counted them as A's...althought both grades still showed up side by side....is that what you're asking? I don't know about the supplemental hours thing.

4. SaraMac13

SaraMac13 Member 10+ Year Member

May 13, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, I don't know, it's weird. When I put in A+ in the OT grade space, the AMCAS grade space goes blank and I can't enter anything in it, and puts an N/A in the credit hours place. It puts the units in the "supplemental units" space. It looks just like if you were to put in a pass/not pass grade. It also doesn't figure the grade into my GPA. Is anyone else having these problems?

5. simpleG

simpleG Member 7+ Year Member

May 27, 2002
    California
    saramac,

exact same problem, solution:

entered in A+, and it didn't even count as an A, it counts as supp. so i left them as A, and sent it in, and AMCAS verified with my transcript, and changed them to A+s. so bottom line, don't worry bout it, enter as As.

6. Femtochemistry

Femtochemistry Skunk Works 10+ Year Member

May 13, 2002
    When i put an A+ ( I 3 of them:calc 2, Orgo2 and a theater class), the AMCAS grade just showed an A. I don't really care since they are both worth a 4.0...

7. lola

lola Bovine Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2002
    california
    it's probably because your school hasn't said they give A+'s so AMCAS doesn't know what to do with it. you can enter it in as A or leave it as A+ (and AMCAS should change it to A). it's probably easier just to enter it as A.