AMCAS Help?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by relentless11, Apr 28, 2001.

1. relentless11

relentless11 Going broke and loving it
    Moderator Emeritus

Pre-Medical
    I'm just wondering if anyone here knows what counts as a science class for the AMCAS application? Examples would be Food Science classes, Nutrician, Computer Science..etc. That type of stuff. I found a load of fun easy classes such as these. I figure, if they count for the science GPA, what the heck!?

Also what does math count as? Such as Calculus and Statistics?

Does anyone else have any other neat classes that won't bury me with work(taking PChem) that count for the science GPA?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ckent

ckent Banned
    Banned

I would go to the aamc.org website and download the AMCAS. They will have instructions for what counts and what doesn't count. As far as I know, those classes would not count in your science GPA.

4. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    you're expected to make your own judgement on the course category. If the content was mostly biology, but not reflected in the title, put it in science. Glaring errors, like art in math will be corrected and you will be notified...give it a shot - if the class was science based, it is science.