Amcas Help!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nero, Sep 4, 2002.

1. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have a question
    regarding the course work part of the application. Initally as a freshman, I
    used AP Chemistry credits for Chem II. After my sophmore year, I chose to take
    Chemistry II. In the course work part I only put the Chem II that was taken
    after my sophmore year, but did not include the AP credit. The AP credit is
    currently on my transcript, but will not count towards graduation. Do I need
    to have that AP credit removed, since it will not be counting and since I did
    not enter it into the course work part of the application? Is this going to
    delay the verification process?

Thanks for the help

NERO

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't you need to include the AP credit for Chem I? As far as the chem II goes, I would do nothing. I don't think it will delay verification. I would enter both AP classes on AMCAS. Since they don't count into your GPA in any case, I don't think you need to worry about the credit situation.

4. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

for Chem I ..........i took the class my first semester of freshman year.....after that semester, i decided that chem in college is same as hs, so i decided to use AP credit for chem II.....later after sophomroe year, i realized some schools want a grade for all pre-reqs.......as far as credits, my transcript shows 94, with the ap chem...so relaly its just 90..........when they verify, do you think its going to matter that this is not on there...since they say put everythign you have received credit for, and technically, i have received credit cause its on my transcript..

thanks.........i'm confused..

nero

5. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

oh yeah, i already submitted

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

You and me, both! :laugh:

Seriously, I would not worry about it. You've taken both Chem I and Chem II for a grade as i understand it. If there was no grade for the AP stuff on your transcript, then they can't include it in your AMCAS GPA anyway, so I don't think it's a problem. If AMCAS wants it on there, they'll put it there while verifying. Either way, I don't think it's going to delay anything.