*AMCAS - High school clinical volunteering hour*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lickerwhicker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So i volunteered at a hospital throughout high school, and during the summer after my freshman year in college, i went back to that hospital to volunteer. Should I include my hours from high school on my AMCAS app, or should I only include the hours from when i volunteered the summer after my freshman year in college? Is it okay if I just include my volunteering hours during college, but in my experience description, i would say something along the lines of, "Since 2012, i have been volunteering at X hospital"? Thanks! :)
Yes, you can include the HS hours, since the activity continued into the college years, but use the Repeated feature to divide out the hours between the two timeframes. Your second suggestion is an equally valid approach.

I thought you had already submitted your Primary application.

Last edited:
Yes, you can include the HS hours, since the activity continued into the college years, but use the Repeated feature to divide out the hours between the two timeframes. Your second suggestion is an equally valid approach.

I thought you had already submitted your Primary application.

I did already submit, but i just wanted to see if either of the options for recording my volunteer hours was okay!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a followup question: what if I volunteered in the ED at hospital x in hs, but after moving away for college, began volunteering in the ED at hospital y. Can I still include the hs volunteering?