Amcas Hold Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dantheman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I new amd could really use some help/advice from anyone in a similar spot.

I submited to AMCAS on 9/5. I went active a few days later. This last Friday I called AMCAS in DC to see what the deal was (many of my friends have already been verified). I was told that I hit verification on the 1st of the month, but that my app was summarily placed on hold. I was never notified of this(my AMCAS page still has active listed as my status). Of course being that it was friday the person who knows what happened was gone for the weekend.

Has anyone else dealt with this and why do they place your app on HOLD? What are the affects b/c I am already applying late?
Thank you all in advance. These SDN forums rock.

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe problems with your transcript (i.e. missing or incorrect information)? I dunno why that might be happening. However, if you're worried about deadlines, schools only care about the date you initially submitted your app. So, your 9/5 submission date should be plenty fine with all the schools you designated. Good luck.