sendwich

you rock!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
I took AP courses in high school, some of which I took the AP exam and a few I didn't.

Do we need to list an AP couse even if no exam was taken? If so, how do you list them in amcas? Do I have to go back and dig out my HS transcripts or can I just list them under Freshman year in college? I'm confused with

**Assign High School (HS) status to college-level courses taken while you were in high school, regardless of the physical location of the college-level course. <------does this refer to AP courses, which are college-level???

***Assign Freshman (FR) status to Advanced Placement, Exempt, or CLEP credit awarded when you first entered college. <------how is this different?

sorry for the lam-o questions.
thanks!

Bluntman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2005
Status
MD/PhD Student
gh said:
I took AP courses in high school, some of which I took the AP exam and a few I didn't.

Do we need to list an AP couse even if no exam was taken? If so, how do you list them in amcas? Do I have to go back and dig out my HS transcripts or can I just list them under Freshman year in college? I'm confused with

**Assign High School (HS) status to college-level courses taken while you were in high school, regardless of the physical location of the college-level course. <------does this refer to AP courses, which are college-level???
This is not for AP classes, but for actual college classes that you took during high school.

***Assign Freshman (FR) status to Advanced Placement, Exempt, or CLEP credit awarded when you first entered college. <------how is this different?
This is how you list AP classes (for which you took the tests) that showed up on your college transcript

sorry for the lam-o questions.
thanks!
I do not think it's necessary to list AP classes for which you did not take the test.

CTtarheel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
If the AP class doesn't show up on a college transcript somewhere, or you didn't get any credit for it at some college, don't report it.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
CTtarheel said:
If the AP class doesn't show up on a college transcript somewhere, or you didn't get any credit for it at some college, don't report it.
Correct.

AP Courses are only listed when credit is granted by an undergraduate institution. Then, you only list it under the institution granting the credit. All other HS courses are ignored.

About the Ads