1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AMCAS ID on LORs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by saukalra, Aug 4, 2011.

1. saukalra

2+ Year Member

I apologize if this question has been asked before.
    My letter writers used the online AMCAS letter writer function to submit the letters. They probably inputted my AMCAS ID and letter ID when the system prompted them to do so. However, I did NOT ask them to include these IDs on the letter pdfs. I received confirmation from AMCAS that my letters have been received as soon as my letter writers uploaded them. I was wondering....is it necessary to have the AAMC ID in the content of the letters (the pdfs)? I am assuming that entering them while submitting my letters online would have been sufficient but just wanted to make sure.
    I am asking this since I just read on a couple of schools' websites like NYMC that say something along the lines of "Please request that your AMCAS ID be included on each of your letters." and I am not exactly sure if they wanted them to be included in the pdfs of letters?

Thanks for your help!;)

#1 saukalra, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Beekachu

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I saw that on another schools website (I can't remember which..) and I assumed that they meant to have the ID number within the actual letter.

If you're concerned about it though, I would contact the school that specifically requests it to clarify. I wouldn't think it would be a dealbreaker if it's missing though.

4. Asyouwereatrio

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I applied to NYMC and that was a non-issue.Don't worry--like the above poster said, it shouldn't be a deal breaker lol.

5. saukalra

2+ Year Member

Thanks to both of you for your replies!