AMCAS ID on LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saukalra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this question has been asked before.
My letter writers used the online AMCAS letter writer function to submit the letters. They probably inputted my AMCAS ID and letter ID when the system prompted them to do so. However, I did NOT ask them to include these IDs on the letter pdfs. I received confirmation from AMCAS that my letters have been received as soon as my letter writers uploaded them. I was wondering....is it necessary to have the AAMC ID in the content of the letters (the pdfs)? I am assuming that entering them while submitting my letters online would have been sufficient but just wanted to make sure.
I am asking this since I just read on a couple of schools' websites like NYMC that say something along the lines of "Please request that your AMCAS ID be included on each of your letters." and I am not exactly sure if they wanted them to be included in the pdfs of letters?

Thanks for your help!;)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I saw that on another schools website (I can't remember which..) and I assumed that they meant to have the ID number within the actual letter.

If you're concerned about it though, I would contact the school that specifically requests it to clarify. I wouldn't think it would be a dealbreaker if it's missing though.

I apologize if this question has been asked before.
My letter writers used the online AMCAS letter writer function to submit the letters. They probably inputted my AMCAS ID and letter ID when the system prompted them to do so. However, I did NOT ask them to include these IDs on the letter pdfs. I received confirmation from AMCAS that my letters have been received as soon as my letter writers uploaded them. I was wondering....is it necessary to have the AAMC ID in the content of the letters (the pdfs)? I am assuming that entering them while submitting my letters online would have been sufficient but just wanted to make sure.
I am asking this since I just read on a couple of schools' websites like NYMC that say something along the lines of "Please request that your AMCAS ID be included on each of your letters." and I am not exactly sure if they wanted them to be included in the pdfs of letters?

Thanks for your help!;)

I applied to NYMC and that was a non-issue.Don't worry--like the above poster said, it shouldn't be a deal breaker lol.

Thanks to both of you for your replies!