AMCAS-I'm going to DC to deal with them in person

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sumbitted after lots of errors
My balance shows $0.00
I received an email from them saying they received my application and my payment.

I then recieved an answer to my email to them asking if they recieved my apllication and how many times they charged my credit card since my screen kept flashing.
The email said I had not submitted, they didn't charge my credit card ever and I wasn't in their data base and I need to sumbit again at my convenience.

This is a bold faced lie. I called my credit card and it says I was charged by them two weeks ago. Is this fraud? Do they want to be paid double? Can you imagine what it would be like trying to get a refund from them? I'm sure they would say it was my fault for submitting too many times.
NOW WHAT DO I DO?????
Is there a place where we can go in person and find out what to do due to their incompetance? :mad: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Your right. That's me. I can only assume that is the reason. But they assured me as soon as I submitted the database would use only my AMCAS ID # and everything would fall into place. HAHA. I certainly won't hold my breath until it does. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received a strange e-mail like you saying that my application had not been submitted. (See my..."hope you get a kick out of this" topic). I have received many strange e-mails in response to my questions. I think it is just because it takes them so long to reply and that they probably don't really read the e-mails closely. I would go by the e-mail and phone confirmation but I also plan on calling them again on friday. I hope this helps.

Amy,

if your credit card is charged then it is charge...

I bet if you call them up they will verify that you have submitted...

apparently, they sent that mass email to everyone including pple who have already submited. I don't know why the create more trouble for themselves, but if your credit card is charged, then it has been submitted....

I wonder who's incharge of AMCAS.... need a new president.... They are just setting themselves up for lawsuits....

Hurrah, they fixed my name and I actually talked to a real person this morning after only a 40 minute hold. I'm done. Thank God
The lady I talked to said to ignore all the email messages. She said the computer was randomly sending them out. :oops: