• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

AMCAS Legal County of Residence?

Dubugamer

2+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2016
Just recently suddenly moved to a new county, but if my voting privileges and taxes are still under the address/county of my old residence that I no longer live in, is my legal residence that county or my new home county? What constitutes your Legal County of Residence?

Also sorry if this is a super basic question! Found tons of threads on the state residence, but not county residence. I'm in the same state, just different county.

Last edited:

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I just recently suddenly moved in with relatives in a new county, but if my voting privileges and taxes are still under the address/county of my old residence that I no longer live in, is my legal residence that county or my new home county? What constitutes your Legal County of Residence?

Also sorry if this is a super basic question! Found tons of threads on the state residence, but not county residence. I'm in the same state, just different county.
Why does it matter? In any event, the correct answer is where you actually live, not where you used to live but didn't officially change yet!!

Reactions: 1 user

Dubugamer

2+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2016
Haha I just didn't want AMCAS to be confused why all of my official documents are under another address, especially because this new place is in an MUA but all my documents are in a county that isn't. But thank you!

About the Ads

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Haha I just didn't want AMCAS to be confused why all of my official documents are under another address, especially because home is in an MUA but all my documents are in a county that isn't. But thank you!
But, if you moved, aren't you going to change your address so all of your official documents will reach you going forward? AMCAS will go by the address you give them, not the one on a transcript that could be several years old, or was a good address while you were in school, even if only a month ago!! Lots of people change addresses when they graduate from UG, or take gap years, go to med school, etc.

Dubugamer

2+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2016
True true, thank you!! Yes, I plan on changing the address as soon as I can, just still figuring out how to update everything (these documents are new to me haha), especially from home/phone. Thank you again!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.