AMCAS Legal Resident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlq3d3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you considered a legal resident if also a cititzen?

Members don't see this ad.

What are you asking? Are you a naturalized citizen? Took the oath before the flag and all that good stuff? If you're a naturalized citizen, you have all the rights of a legal resident and more.

I have a question. As an immigrant how do you become an Citizen without being a legal resident first?

Members don't see this ad :)
To clarify: I was born in the US and obviously am citizen. There is an AMCAS question asking if i'm a citizen. I put "yes". The next question asked if I am a legal resident. Am I a legal resident or is that reserved for people who immigrated to the US?

To clarify: I was born in the US and obviously am citizen. There is an AMCAS question asking if i'm a citizen. I put "yes". The next question asked if I am a legal resident. Am I a legal resident or is that reserved for people who immigrated to the US?

:laugh: Yes, you're a citizen and a legal resident if you were born in the US.

This question applies to people whom are not citizens, but are legal residents.

Yes. All Citizens are legal residents. Marking down no would make no sense.

I have a question. As an immigrant how do you become an Citizen without being a legal resident first?

Would Immigration Amnesty qualify for this question?

I mean for the question posed by Iwant2BeADoctor, not for AMCAS.

To clarify: I was born in the US and obviously am citizen.
:laugh: enough said. But then again - while being in similar situation as op - someone asked me if I was a fob :(