AMCAS Log In Limit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mossjoh

Mayo Clinic-PGY2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I tried logging into AMCAS but I get an error message. On it, there is a message saying that the limit is exceeded. I assume this means that there are too many people logged in and it won't let me right?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah.. I got the same error..I guess that's what it means...

Leave it to the genius AMCAS programmers to just leave it with that ERROR and not have an explanation...

-=o)

It appears that there is a 400 person at a time limit to working on the application. How nice of them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I received the same error, and it instructed me to copy the text and e-mail it to AMCAS, so I did so....with no reply, of course.

ARGH!

1st of all:

all you all the serious gunners of the gunners upset at amcas in may? damn, i was an august mcater who didn't do amcas until like july or was it august? and i still got in. i know, i know, applying early helps but come on it can't make THAT much of a difference if it is may 14th or june 1st. i do think amcas wasn't ready for you all, but many times, i often think neither was the world . . .

secondly, you all want to get your amcas in by may we'll say 20th so you don't have a coronary . . . and me? well, i'd like to throw 97 miles per hour and pitch for the mets. i think we got about the same chances, let's say zero in a million. or is that the same as zero? guess a gunner could remind me how to do algebra.

okay, enough being a wise ass. i do feel for ya that amcas isn't ready for all of the applications being submitted yet. if you're looking for valadation from posting here, believe me, you get it from me. amcas is just one screwed up piece of the puzzle that can serve as a metaphor for the whole admissions process . . . it takes a bit of luck -- what interviewers you get, how early in the cycle, how early it is that morning, how you feel, how they feel etc. etc. etc. i sure wish we could make this thing all more objective. but that wouldn't be medicine, that would be science -- and without luck, there's no art in medicine. being in the right place in the right context makes artists artists or makes talented people cheap knock offs.

i guess all i'm getting at is the response you're getting from amcas: well get ready, the whole freaking admissions process never gets any less frustrating.

good luck to all

and another thing . . .

just to be a good sport, just a month ago i was still setting up interviews obsessing about if i was really going to get into my school of choice. . . or any school for that matter . . . i even gained a neurosis i did not think was possible which entailed leaving work early to get home to check the mail i knew i had no control over to see if the stupid packet had come yet. yes, i can recall and admit, i was helpless and freakishly obsessive. all you early amcas submitters -- keep your chin up. no, one day you probably won't "laugh" about this later: but you sure won't care anymore. i do have a little quote of inspiration tha helps put the whole process into perspective:
"nothing can save the damned except the knowlege that they cannot now be saved."

-- virgil "the aeneid"