AMCAS log in trouble..help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cells4life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am trying to log into amcas to purchase the MSAR.I tried to retrieve my username ( I recall using my email but never my username) and it says the associated username with the email will be sent to my email address. I checked and did the same procedure thrice and have had no luck. I used the same email I used to register for my MCAT. I even called customer assistance and even though it said they are open till 7 pm, there was no representative, so I am freaking out and don't know if it is a technical glitch or something wrong with my account. Any advice appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

There have been reported technical issues with AMCAS as they gear up for application season. Just chill and call them tomorrow.

The opening of the Application Season has already been delayed from May 1 to May 8 because of the issues (they have to fix them, test them, etc). Submission opening is still scheduled for June 4.

Word of Advice: dont hit submit for at least a few days after June 4.

Why not, do you think there are going to be glitches in their system or something to that effect? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
There are always glitches the first few days with AMCAS ever since they went to computerized application in 2000 even if just the web server volume from the massive number of neurotic premeds who have to hit that submit button 12:01am on June 4th.

Ah, I see...I didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying! :thumbup:

Work on your personal statement in the meantime or gathering together your list of activities while you wait for the MSAR.

There have been MSAR books for the past 10 years or so at my local university library. They are in the reference section, so no check out. But there are photocopy machines there... Not that I would copy something that is copywrited material... That could be... Illegal...

Even the pre-med office at the uni had at least two MSAR books from prior years just sitting on the shelf.

Go look at one for free. Don't waste your money, you will need it for interviews!

dsoz