AMCAS lost my ******* transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

totalcommand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted on July 3rd, and had sent my transcripts in May. I received email confirmation on June 5th that they had my transcript.

I've been waiting over a month for verification, and now I know why it's been taking so long - they lost my BGGKSUBLSUDG transcripts :mad: .

Can anyone else tell how pissed off I am?

Any ideas on what to do? Do I go to the back of the line now once I get my transcripts in again??

I'll be talking to them very shortly.

Members don't see this ad.

Post after you talk to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depakote said:
6 weeks is not unheard of for verification.

Did someone tell you they can't find your transcripts?

yes i received an email from them.

Upon further review, we have determined that we have not received your official transcript from **** in support of your AMCAS application to the 2007 entering class. Please ensure that the official transcript from this school is sent to AMCAS in advance of your deadlines.

***Checking the Status of your application***
You may check the status of your application throughout the admissions process by returning to your application. Your application's Welcome page is dynamic, meaning that it provides information specific to your application, including processing status and official transcript receipt status.

Thank you for using AMCAS and best wishes during your medical school admissions process.

Depakote said:

I'm with Depakote, Are you just assuming this? How did you find out?

:luck: Either way good luck

Depakote said:

they are telling me my school sent the wrong person's transcript back on the 5th of June, and never fixed it.

I am sure it is complete BS since I am the only person by my name at my school. I am going to demand documentation of the error.

Yea, I dunno, that sucks a lot. There is nothing you can do except send them another transcript as soon as possible, then call them and ride them until it gets done. That sucks though :(

totalcommand said:
yes i received an email from them.

Opps... the last post was too slow.

That is the horrible. :(

Give us an update after you call them.

Before you go all nut ball crazy on everyone, the first thing you should do is get your transcripts resent. Then feel free to be really pissed off and go nut ball crazy.

No use getting in a huff. Yes this sucks, but roll with the punches.

Don't bother with documentation, just get a new transcript sent ASAP and maybe see if AMCAS can bump you to the top of the pile once it is received (they won't). Just be calm and collected when talking to them, being angry and confrontational isn't going to get anybody to do you any favors.

Re-send the transcripts. Is there any chance they will bump you to the front? doubtful - but it can't hurt to ask.

Here's the latest:

AMCAS claims that my school sent in the wrong transcript. However, my name is very unique, so that's pretty unlikely to me. Apparently this is the first time AMCAS has seen a situation like this (yeah right).

As a fix, they say my application will be placed in priority once *** sends out the transcript again (apparently they themselves have directly requested it). However, I don't know if they can be held accountable on this.

I asked the guy how this could happen, and he tried to pin it on **. But, I told him that my application has been in line for weeks, and people who submitted well after me have already been verified. Something tells me that this error is what held up the verification process. I asked the guy about that, and he couldn't tell me yes or no. So, he is going to have the person who does the actual verifications call me (if he's actually telling the truth).

Basically, I've been f'd for reasons out of my control.

Wow I can't imagine getting this upset about it.

Mistakes happen, you'll never know whose fault it was, get over it and stop posting stupid asterisked-out swear words.

Members don't see this ad :)
Andre04 said:

Mistakes happen, you'll never know whose fault it was, get over it and stop posting stupid asterisked-out swear words.

i dont think they're swear words. they seem to be names of his school that he wants to keep confidental. otherwise i dunno how you could make a coherent sentence if you asterisks were swear words....

keepdreaming said:
i dont think they're swear words. they seem to be names of his school that he wants to keep confidental. otherwise i dunno how you could make a coherent sentence if you asterisks were swear words....

check the title of the thread ;)

In any case, it's a frustrating situation and I feel for you. Do what you can in the current situation. If AMCAS said they'd put your application on top of the pile once your transcripts are received, I think they would stick to their word. And even if not, there's not much you will be able to do. I know it sucks, hang on.

TIGIBedHead said:
check the title of the thread ;)

In any case, it's a frustrating situation and I feel for you. Do what you can in the current situation. If AMCAS said they'd put your application on top of the pile once your transcripts are received, I think they would stick to their word. And even if not, there's not much you will be able to do. I know it sucks, hang on.

After being very firm with them, I got to speak with the head of the verifications process. He was very reasonable and knowledgeable, and appears it is all cleared up, as much as possible.

Btw, I've been waiting for verification for a long time.

thats great...i would have been really angry also...best of luck to you!

totalcommand said:
Here's the latest:
As a fix, they say my application will be placed in priority once *** sends out the transcript again (apparently they themselves have directly requested it). However, I don't know if they can be held accountable on this.

If you get those transcripts in, you might actually get verified quicker than you would have normally. the glass might be half full. :D

Andre04 said:

I can, imagine if something like this happened to you. There are tons of people on the submit AMCAS thread who start complaining about AMCAS after two weeks of waiting. :sleep:

totalcommand said:
Thank you for using AMCAS and best wishes during your medical school admissions process.

this line sounds very sincere...

totalcommand said:
After being very firm with them, I got to speak with the head of the verifications process. He was very reasonable and knowledgeable, and appears it is all cleared up, as much as possible.

Btw, I've been waiting for verification for a long time.

Hopefully my one of my last updates:

For future reference to people who come across similar problems, here is what the guy promised:

1) He would personally watch for when my transcript got in, then move me to the "priority" queue which takes 3 days maximum for verification.

2) He would attach a letter to my AMCAS expaining that it was delayed due to work-related error at the AMCAS verification area and error from my registrar.

3) And last, but definitely not least, by my request he would send me an email stating the above, so that I can have a hard copy of something for my records.

Unfortunately, he has failed to do the last one, so I'm not sure how the first 2 will go. But, I have his direct line :D and he will be getting a call from me tomorrow.

Here is what I have to do for him:

1) Call him directly once the website says my transcripts are in.

totalcommand said:
I submitted on July 3rd, and had sent my transcripts in May. I received email confirmation on June 5th that they had my transcript.

I've been waiting over a month for verification, and now I know why it's been taking so long - they lost my BGGKSUBLSUDG transcripts :mad: .

Can anyone else tell how pissed off I am?

Any ideas on what to do? Do I go to the back of the line now once I get my transcripts in again??

I'll be talking to them very shortly.

Sounds like that wasn't the time to submit - they did the same thing to me and I submitted on July 7th, and they sent me emails saying they had my transcripts at the beginning of June. I hate them!!!!

totalcommand said:
Hopefully my one of my last updates:

For future reference to people who come across similar problems, here is what the guy promised:

1) He would personally watch for when my transcript got in, then move me to the "priority" queue which takes 3 days maximum for verification.

2) He would attach a letter to my AMCAS expaining that it was delayed due to work-related error at the AMCAS verification area and error from my registrar.

3) And last, but definitely not least, by my request he would send me an email stating the above, so that I can have a hard copy of something for my records.

Unfortunately, he has failed to do the last one, so I'm not sure how the first 2 will go. But, I have his direct line :D and he will be getting a call from me tomorrow.

Here is what I have to do for him:

1) Call him directly once the website says my transcripts are in.

That sounds positive ! Hopefully that works out for you. :luck:

Suuuuuuuuucks.

Good luck... Sorry this poop happened to you.

Unbelievable.

My school was supposed to send out my transcript again to AMCAS last Tuesday. I even called, and they confirmed that they had sent it out. But AMCAS never received it.

Somebody is giving me BS, either AMCAS or the college. So much for fixing this ridiculous messup easily.