Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

AMCAS: major/minor issue

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by relatively prime, May 31, 2002.

1. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Ok, so right now my transript says that my major is CompSc. However, I no longer plan to get a BS in CS. Instead I'm planning on getting a BA in Math and a minor in CS. So what do I put on the AMCAS? I didn't have time before the end of the semester to formally change my major... I had to get all these professors' signatures... but I couldn't get a hold of them before I went out of town. So what do I do? Does it really matter?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Tough one, I'm not sure what the answer could be. You're best bet is to call the AAMC.

4. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SolidGold:
    <strong>Tough one, I'm not sure what the answer could be. You're best bet is to call the AAMC.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah man.. do I have to call them... ?

5. jot

jot

it wasn't as painful as i thought calling them, and i called at a peak hour. i called one of the numbers you guys provided and said i didn't have a touch tone phone as was suggested .. worked like a charm. goodluck

-jot