I've taken some summer science classes that have helped out my GPA. Grades will be out on my transcript this week, so I've been waiting until now to submit my AMCAS. Problem is, I was originally thinking about retaking the August 2006 MCAT (I had a 35R previously) but am seriously reconsidering whether it's smart to do so because 1) my apps won't be considered until October when the August score comes in, which is a disadvantage in rolling admissions and 2) I'm not sure if my MCAT studying is enough to get significantly higher scores. My MCAT score is pretty good as it is, but since the rest of my application is fairly average, I was hoping to get a much higher score to boost my stats a bit. So my question is: if I take the August 2006 MCAT like I had planned, my application wouldn't even be considered until the scores are released in October right? But if I submit the AMCAS next week, with all the processing delays involved and secondary apps to complete, would that give me much of an advantage anyway? Should I just go ahead and retake the MCAT anyway? I need some advice, many thanks.