AMCAS Mistake...so frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gungon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just went back to my amcas app while filling out secondaries and noticed that for 3 of my extra-curriculars (including my main medical community service) I put 9/2010 as my start date instead of 9/2009...which really sucks. I shorted myself an entire year's worth of volunteering...and i don't think there is anything I can do about it :(. Anyone have any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Send a note to all the schools that you applied to as you submit your secondary? Or try calling AMCAS..

I just went back to my amcas app while filling out secondaries and noticed that for 3 of my extra-curriculars (including my main medical community service) I put 9/2010 as my start date instead of 9/2009...which really sucks. I shorted myself an entire year's worth of volunteering...and i don't think there is anything I can do about it :(. Anyone have any ideas?

Send updates to schools directly or you can perhaps include it as part of your secondary application. AMCAS won't let you change that.