AMCAS Mistakes Post Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvshelat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My worst nightmare came true. I found a mistake after I submitted. Basically, I had taken 2 college classes while in high school, one of which I had gotten transfer credit for. Basically, I forgot I had taken them and didn't include them in my AMCAS coursework section.
I called AMCAS and they said that during validation, they would either add them in or I would have to call the medical schools myself and inform them. Any advice? What's my next step? Has this happened to anyone else here?

Members don't see this ad.

Amcas sends you a confirmation email telling you that they have validated your app. Once this happens, go back to your app and check it out...any changes they have made would apply directly to the application.

I had a couple mistakes entering courses and they luckily fixed them for me.

I made a grammatical error in an activity description. I don't think it hurt me.

Members don't see this ad :)
nvshelat said:
My worst nightmare came true. I found a mistake after I submitted. Basically, I had taken 2 college classes while in high school, one of which I had gotten transfer credit for. Basically, I forgot I had taken them and didn't include them in my AMCAS coursework section.
I called AMCAS and they said that during validation, they would either add them in or I would have to call the medical schools myself and inform them. Any advice? What's my next step? Has this happened to anyone else here?

I would just send an update letter with the two classes listed. That should be fine.

Send a picture of yourself naked. That should fix it!

MadameLULU said:
Send the college transcripts to AMCAS and they will add them in.

I forgot to add a class on my AMCAS, but since they had my transcripts, they added it for me.

gary5 said:
Send a picture of yourself naked. That should fix it!
Lol. Maybe I'll just grab one of myself off the net ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I was freaking out earlier today but it seems like it'll be alright.