amcas mistakes, send a letter to indv. schools?

so i noticed a couple of errors on my amcas after submission, specifically:
1) i misclassified an employment job as military, when it isn't.
2) inadvertently did not mention any honors/recognition, when i do have a couple (dean's list, sigma xi, etc.)
3) i misspelled one of contact title as principle investigator, when it should be principal.
4) i misclassified many of my BCPM courses as something else, which in effect would decrease my overall BCPM!

i know i can't do much about 3 and 4, but is there anything i can do about 1 and 2? such as sending a letter to individual schools?

i felt like i went over my amcas a million times but couldn't believe these mistakes were there after submission!

any advice would be appreciated.

sector9

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Verified Expert
Apr 27, 2011
  1. Medical Student
    2) inadvertently did not mention any honors/recognition, when i do have a couple (dean's list, sigma xi, etc.)
    3) i misspelled one of contact title as principle investigator, when it should be principal.
    4) i misclassified many of my BCPM courses as something else, which in effect would decrease my overall BCPM!

i know i can't do much about 3 and 4, but is there anything i can do about 1 and 2? such as sending a letter to individual schools?

i felt like i went over my amcas a million times but couldn't believe these mistakes were there after submission!

#4 you can change by submitting an academic change request after you are verified.

I think that the rest of these mistakes are minor and not worth worrying about IMHO. Honors/awards don't add much at all to your application. Your grades will show your academic ability

About the Ads

ppfizenm

Jul 2, 2010
    30 Rock
    1. Pre-Medical

Look these words up before you decide what is right and what isn't.

CodeBlu

Dream Weaver
      Lifetime Donor
      10+ Year Member
      Oct 13, 2010
      The Ether
      1. Fellow [Any Field]
        #4 you can change by submitting an academic change request after you are verified.

I think that the rest of these mistakes are minor and not worth worrying about IMHO. Honors/awards don't add much at all to your application. Your grades will show your academic ability

This.

doctorshateher

10+ Year Member
        Jun 28, 2010
        1. Pre-Medical
          I would wait until you have something more significant to add and then throw the honors stuff in with that letter and mention, oh by the way I was never in the military lol (in a more professional tone).

I think pointing out the typo will just bring more attention to it than you need to and the BCMP thing should be changed by AMCAS and not the individual schools because they don't want to be crossing off and recalculating/writing in four of the GPA calculations they receive from AMCAS.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.