amcas mistakes, send a letter to indv. schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

hopeformd

so i noticed a couple of errors on my amcas after submission, specifically:
1) i misclassified an employment job as military, when it isn't.
2) inadvertently did not mention any honors/recognition, when i do have a couple (dean's list, sigma xi, etc.)
3) i misspelled one of contact title as principle investigator, when it should be principal.
4) i misclassified many of my BCPM courses as something else, which in effect would decrease my overall BCPM!

i know i can't do much about 3 and 4, but is there anything i can do about 1 and 2? such as sending a letter to individual schools?

i felt like i went over my amcas a million times but couldn't believe these mistakes were there after submission!

any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It can't hurt. I was in a similar situation, and I sent a letter to each school to clarify. They added it to my file, and everything is fine as far as I can tell.

2) inadvertently did not mention any honors/recognition, when i do have a couple (dean's list, sigma xi, etc.)
3) i misspelled one of contact title as principle investigator, when it should be principal.
4) i misclassified many of my BCPM courses as something else, which in effect would decrease my overall BCPM!

i know i can't do much about 3 and 4, but is there anything i can do about 1 and 2? such as sending a letter to individual schools?

i felt like i went over my amcas a million times but couldn't believe these mistakes were there after submission!

#4 you can change by submitting an academic change request after you are verified.

I think that the rest of these mistakes are minor and not worth worrying about IMHO. Honors/awards don't add much at all to your application. Your grades will show your academic ability

Members don't see this ad :)

Look these words up before you decide what is right and what isn't.

Look these words up before you decide what is right and what isn't.

Take your own advice.

In my defense I spent the last half of today doing NYU's secondary. By the end of it I was staring at the word "comitment" and couldn't for the life of me figure out why it had a red line underneath of it.

Last edited:
#4 you can change by submitting an academic change request after you are verified.

I think that the rest of these mistakes are minor and not worth worrying about IMHO. Honors/awards don't add much at all to your application. Your grades will show your academic ability

This.

I would wait until you have something more significant to add and then throw the honors stuff in with that letter and mention, oh by the way I was never in the military lol (in a more professional tone).

I think pointing out the typo will just bring more attention to it than you need to and the BCMP thing should be changed by AMCAS and not the individual schools because they don't want to be crossing off and recalculating/writing in four of the GPA calculations they receive from AMCAS.