AMCAS @ no charge?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supafly MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it mean if AMCAS still has not charged me for all the school submissions. AMCAS website indicates that most of my schools have a copy of my application and I have received most of my secondaries. I don't understand why I haven't been charged yet. No balance on my credit card.
Will this have any effect on my applications?
I don't understand what the hold up is.

HELP!!!

Members don't see this ad.

um. The dates don't mean anything. If you don't have a date processed, schools just have your name and address.

Well, if you really want to straighten this out, you could call the AAMC accounting office. Their number is 202-828-0451. Are you sure you really want to, though? ;)

P.S. I regret to inform you that those dates after your designated schools do not mean that those schools have a copy of your application. They merely mean that AMCAS has notified those schools (probably all of your schools, they just leave some out to confuse you) of your intent to apply. The only info the schools are given is your name, address, e-mail address and state of residency. This is considered preliminary information. Later on (much later) after your application is verified (which will probably only happen after you threaten legal action), your schools will receive a summary application (which will not include any of the essays you labored over, nor, in some cases, your MCAT scores). Much, much later they will receive either electronic transmission of your complete app (that is, the approx. 1% of schools currently capable of receiving electronic transmissions will) or a FedEx'd paper copy of your application, (which you've probably already sent the school).

Now, are you sure you want them to charge your credit card for this service? :D