AMCAS -- omitted IB courses by accident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g4m3r2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

How lenient is AMCAS with calling in afterwards to add a few more courses?

What happened was I was going off of my official transcripts as requested by AMCAS, but forgot to take into account some transfer credit from the IB program as my official transcripts don't list individual courses but list them as bulk transfer credits. IB credits aren't too important, but they are in my case as I didn't take any more humanities (other than English) after IB and some schools require these courses as prereqs. While I do have borderline humanities courses (determinants of health, [mycurrenthealthprofession] and society), it would be way more explicit to list my French, Geography, and philosophy credits I got from IB.

If AMCAS won't help me out, how lenient are the individual schools if I email them?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why not just call AMCAS and ask? I imagine they'd just put you at the back of the line again in the verification process, but who knows. Just ask.

As long as you haven't been verified, they should be able to help. I wanted to add something that I had forgot on AMCAS last year, but I had already been verified so I was S.O.L.

Hey there, so this happened to me after I submitted my application for verification...in September of last year...for Organic Chemistry II and microbiology.

It happens, and AMCAS knows we make mistakes. They added those 2 courses for me (with grades). If I'm not mistaken, you can forget to add up to 5 classes before they kick your app back to you.

Easier said than done, but try to relax (yeah right...). Call them and explain your situation. Chances are they will be more than understanding.

Best of luck this year :)