AMCAS Only Allows 15 EC's, What if I have more?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timbo0984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AMCAS Only Allows 15 EC's, What if I have more? Can't i send my resume somehow?

Members don't see this ad.

Timbo0984 said:

You don't have 15 meaningful experiences.. I would get bored reading your file if you had more than 15 even if they were 15 trips saving children and baby dolphins.. Learn to prioritize..

Choose only what is most relevant. During interviews you may be asked questions on these. Choose ones you can actually discuss and talk about. I think adcoms will get the point if they see 15 ECs listed that you did ECs. Anymore than that I dont think really makes much of a difference

Members don't see this ad :)
Timbo0984 said:

Pick the most relevant 15. Surely some are better than others. Perhaps there were some that you took on more of a leadership role. Don't go listing Freshman Honor Societies and clubs where you were a general member and went to a couple of meetings (or none at all). In fact, I only listed 10 activities of extreme relevance to a career in medicine, including volunteer, research, employment, and leadership in other non-medical employment or clubs. Also list whats most important to you, what you spend alot of time and energy doing (ie running marathons) or detail your experience from studying/traveling abroad and what you learned.

If you still wish to talk about others outside of the allotted 15, save that for the interview or you can always update your file for each school with other activities after the fact.

PhotoMD said:
I'd be curious to see your 16 experiences. Please list them for us.
combine related ones. list all awards as one section. It's very possible to have over 15.

no, no place for resume. After you interview, they are always open to your adding more stuff to your file... but i guess earning an interview is still far away.

sue the amcas, they are discriminating against people who have many extracurriculars

Timbo0984 said:

>15? that's disgusting

j/k that is a lot though.