Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS, Personal Statement, Experiences, YIKES YIKES YIKES

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Premed2003, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member

Now that MCATs are over, time to move on to the application!

How many characters fit into AMCAS? The guide says 5000 characters. Is this exactly right?

It allows 15 experiences. Are publications included in these experiences? What about abstract publications? And what about presentations?
    And any other tips? Besides submitting on day 1?

thank you!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

See <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010171" target="_blank">Jalbrekt's thread.</a>

4. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    i think the exact number is around 5300 characters.

in either case, they count spaces as characters. It's a big pain in the butt.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Premed2003:
    <strong>Now that MCATs are over, time to move on to the application!

How many characters fit into AMCAS? The guide says 5000 characters. Is this exactly right?

It allows 15 experiences. Are publications included in these experiences? What about abstract publications? And what about presentations?
    And any other tips? Besides submitting on day 1?

thank you!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

5. Mr. H

yeah, i agree, a big pain

6. Green912

Attending Physician
    I think it basically comes out to be a page.

7. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger

Medical Student
    You can always check the character count on microsoft word before you cut and paste into the box. However, after you cut and paste into the box, check for mistakes like if the apostrophes turn into "?" or something like that. It happened to me on a secondary and i didn't notice it. Also make sure if you have quotes in there that your " come out okay.. it always pays to double check little things like those.