AMCAS, Personal Statement, Experiences, YIKES YIKES YIKES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that MCATs are over, time to move on to the application!

How many characters fit into AMCAS? The guide says 5000 characters. Is this exactly right?

It allows 15 experiences. Are publications included in these experiences? What about abstract publications? And what about presentations?
And any other tips? Besides submitting on day 1?

thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

See <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010171" target="_blank">Jalbrekt's thread.</a>

i think the exact number is around 5300 characters.

in either case, they count spaces as characters. It's a big pain in the butt.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Premed2003:
•Now that MCATs are over, time to move on to the application!

How many characters fit into AMCAS? The guide says 5000 characters. Is this exactly right?

It allows 15 experiences. Are publications included in these experiences? What about abstract publications? And what about presentations?
And any other tips? Besides submitting on day 1?

thank you!!•••••

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i agree, a big pain

I think it basically comes out to be a page.

You can always check the character count on microsoft word before you cut and paste into the box. However, after you cut and paste into the box, check for mistakes like if the apostrophes turn into "?" or something like that. It happened to me on a secondary and i didn't notice it. Also make sure if you have quotes in there that your " come out okay.. it always pays to double check little things like those.