AMCAS Post-secondary experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In describing post-secondary experiences, I have some questions:

1) What if you are still doing something (and plan to continue) how should you write the "end" date. Like if I'm planning to volunteer until Dec. 2004, can I put that? Or should I just put until June. 2004 since that's when I'm submitting AMCAS?
What is everyone else doing?

2)Should the descriptions be simply objective lists of facts or should we write briefly what we learned from each experience (in addition to duties).

Thanks so much!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

KatieJune said:
In describing post-secondary experiences, I have some questions:

1) What if you are still doing something (and plan to continue) how should you write the "end" date. Like if I'm planning to volunteer until Dec. 2004, can I put that? Or should I just put until June. 2004 since that's when I'm submitting AMCAS?
What is everyone else doing?

2)Should the descriptions be simply objective lists of facts or should we write briefly what we learned from each experience (in addition to duties).

Thanks so much!!!!

1) put when you will end activity, even if its a future date.
2) I put down facts/descriptions only, but getting personal is alright also.

I would describe each activity with facts, obviously, but you can easily include what you learned from that activity without being too personal or too touchy-feely. Just state it as a fact. "This experience enabled me to interact with a diverse group of patients and to blah blah blah."