AMCAS Post-Secondary Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aqua

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how people are using that space at the bottom of the experience--I can't decide whether to write a full narrative paragraph, or to stick to short phrases-- "assisted patients, ran switchboard"
Any thoughts on how to fill this section out?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm writing paragraphs, with good grammar, full sentences, etc. I sure hope this is what they want :)

I'm sticking to short phrases since they ask for a brief description and limit the number of characters it can be.. you would think there would be instructions on how to fill this thing out.. I mean you get instructions with other important forms in life.. like taxes for example.. and with the fafsa.. you get directions for that also.. whats up with no directions for this thing???

becky

Members don't see this ad :)
Ask your advisors! My school gave us a sample copy of a previously filled-out AMCAS, and told us to emulate the format. Ask your health professions advisors for a sample!

best,
poohbear

Originally posted by ppanthr:
•I'm sticking to short phrases since they ask for a brief description and limit the number of characters it can be.. you would think there would be instructions on how to fill this thing out..
becky•

I think you can fit a decent paragraph in 510 characters, which is how many they allow. I also agree with you, there should be more explicit instructions. Again, I just love playing the guinea pig. :)

If you haven't a lot of experience then pump it up. If you've got a lot then slim it down. That's the rule of thumb. Make it fit and make it look good.