AMCAS post-submission changes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarak510

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So I was reviewing my work experience and noticed that I missed a couple words like a "to" and a "such"...is it worth it to correct these and resubmit? I'm thinking no because I don't want to get in back of the line...but I don't know how negatively the adcom's will look at this...any advice would help!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sarak510 said:
Hi everyone,
So I was reviewing my work experience and noticed that I missed a couple words like a "to" and a "such"...is it worth it to correct these and resubmit? I'm thinking no because I don't want to get in back of the line...but I don't know how negatively the adcom's will look at this...any advice would help!
Thanks
i'm pretty sure you CAN'T make those changes...

erina is right. you can not change these so don't even worry about them anymore. sorry!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, all of those messages about how once you SUBMIT you CANNOT make any changes? Turns out AMCAS isn't kidding. Guess what? It is the SAME for your secondaries. Sorry!

well ya i understant THAT but I asked for advice because I was confused since on the application tips it specifies that you must "resubmit and recertify" if you have post-submission changes..but they are referring to changes made if AAMC sends your application back to you with a lot of errors. but THANKS jackie MD I GET THE POINT

Sarak510 said:
well ya i understant THAT but I asked for advice because I was confused since on the application tips it specifies that you must "resubmit and recertify" if you have post-submission changes..but they are referring to changes made if AAMC sends your application back to you with a lot of errors. but THANKS jackie MD I GET THE POINT
haha geez, jackie, you just can't catch a break :p

*ding* round 1!

When I called to make a change to my legal residence they told me that you can only change your address, legal residence and medical schools. Thats it.

Lets try not to be so sarcastic to a serious question and further the stereotype of premed jackasses. :mad:

Sarak510 said:

Easy does it, my friend. :D What they mean by post-submission changes is when they want you to fix your transcripts. They won't unlock any other part of your application.

The only thing YOU can change once you hit submit is:
1. You can Add, but not subtract, schools you want to apply to
2. You can change your Transcript information, but only upon AAMC request.

All of this is explained in the HELP section of the AMCAS documents. I would post a link for you but I don't want you to go postal. :)