AMCAS Primary and Summer Research

seven87

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
    I plan on submitting the AMCAS primary as early as possible, but I start a summer research fellowship on 6/15/2008.

Can I include this on my primary if I submit before 6/15? Does AMCAS ask for specific dates or just month/year?

Let's say I wait submit it on 6/17, is this really much different than 6/7 in terms of earliness? If not, I may just wait until I start to submit...

Mister Pie

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jul 26, 2005
    1. Medical Student
      You can list it and then under the description of the activity, indicate that it doesn't start until mid-June (along with whatever other things you want to mention about this position).

About the Ads

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      Air Force
      Verified Expert
      Jun 4, 2007
      Deep in the Heart of Texas
      1. Attending Physician
        it might take a little longer, but it's not bad.

plus even if you submit early, there's a delay in transmission of your apps to schools. last year the first batch went out June 21st or something like that. even if your app was verified, it didn't go out before then.

seven87

10+ Year Member
        Apr 26, 2007
        1. Pre-Medical
          Yeah, I saw that before I started the thread... I guess it's the exact same question but I still wanted more opinions.

Probably should have just resurrected that thread, oh well! Thanks for posting that!

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.