seven87

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
I plan on submitting the AMCAS primary as early as possible, but I start a summer research fellowship on 6/15/2008.

Can I include this on my primary if I submit before 6/15? Does AMCAS ask for specific dates or just month/year?

Let's say I wait submit it on 6/17, is this really much different than 6/7 in terms of earliness? If not, I may just wait until I start to submit...

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Probably not a big difference and no they just ask for month and year.

Mister Pie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2005
Status
Medical Student
You can list it and then under the description of the activity, indicate that it doesn't start until mid-June (along with whatever other things you want to mention about this position).

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
LizzyM once mentioned that you should wait until you've started an activity to list it, even if only by a few days.

in any case, if you can get your amcas in before july, you'll be good.

OP
S

seven87

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
What's the wait time on verification for mid-June as compared with early June? Does it take a lot longer in mid-June?

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
it might take a little longer, but it's not bad.

plus even if you submit early, there's a delay in transmission of your apps to schools. last year the first batch went out June 21st or something like that. even if your app was verified, it didn't go out before then.

OP
S

seven87

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Great, thanks! I'll probably just hold off until I start then...

OP
S

seven87

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, I saw that before I started the thread... I guess it's the exact same question but I still wanted more opinions.

Probably should have just resurrected that thread, oh well! Thanks for posting that!