AMCAS Processing time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pipedream812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submittted my AMCAS yesterday, and it is says in line for review. Has anyones been processed yet?

Members don't see this ad.

if i remember right, people who submitted early like this last year ended up being processed in about 2 weeks. don't forget, though, that most med schools aren't going to start looking at new AMCAS apps until at least the first or second week of July because they are still filling their 2010 classes.

jbrice1639 said:
if i remember right, people who submitted early like this last year ended up being processed in about 2 weeks. don't forget, though, that most med schools aren't going to start looking at new AMCAS apps until at least the first or second week of July because they are still filling their 2010 classes.

yeah, i think the 6 weeks estimate they give is somewhat generous, i wouldn't be suprised if it was earlier than that. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
medanthgirl said:
yeah, i think the 6 weeks estimate they give is somewhat generous, i wouldn't be suprised if it was earlier than that. :luck:

later in the summer...mid august-ish...it will definitely start approaching 6 weeks as they get more backed up...but it's much shorter for sure during the early part of the application season.

Just to give you an idea, I submitted mine in early July and it took 1 and a half weeks to get it processed. Good luck! :luck:

I submitted mine June 5th. Verified today June 7th. 2 days!