AMCAS put my application on hold - help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeowMix

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my AMCAS application - but when I got the confirming e-mail, it only listed 2 of my transcripts as being necessary transcripts (I already got confirmation from AMCAS that all 3 had been received; the 3rd is from a Canadian school).

When I check status on the web site, it lists all 3 transcripts as received, but says my application is on hold for "supporting docs".

Is this just a little hiccup and they will look at it and fix it in a day or two? Or is it all automated, and my beautiful application will waste away in oblivion while the AMCAS computer waits for the transcript that has already arrived?

(Apologies if this question has already been posted - the search function seems to have been disabled, and I couldn't find this topic anywhere.)

Members don't see this ad.

I may be entirely off the mark, but could they be waiting for your MCAT scores? The best thing, regardless, is probably to either give them a call or e-mail them and just ask.

Best of luck!

- Quid

Hi,

When I submitted my application last year, it was listed as Active. Then, I made a post-submission change by adding another medical school, and I got the On Hold for Supporting Docs message. Anyways, I think this is just a hiccup and should be resolved soon, as mine became "Active" again after a day or two. However, I did email them explaining the situation. I think you should email or call them as well.

--Vinoy

Members don't see this ad :)
not to stress meow, same thing happened to me. the aamc has a temporary lag time between the time they receive your final transcript to the time they upload that info onto their amcas server. you should be good within the next day or two.

Meow,

last year AMCAS did the same thing to me and all of my transcripts where in. It switched to under reveiw or something about two days later. Don't worry about it unless you are pushing to weeks or so on hold.

good luck