mooshika

Removed
Jan 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I looked and find it difficult to glean a straight answer off the AMCAS over-worded website.

If the apps open in May for "keying" in our material, how early can we have our transcripts sent to them? Can I order them from my institutions now or do I have to estimate the timing just right so AMCAS gets them in MAY, early enough so that everything is verified so I can push SUBMIT on the very earliest possible moment in June when they let you submit.

I don't want anything to hold this up dude I'm raring to go...:idea:

tx.

bravofleet4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status
Medical Student
you can just e-mail them if you're confused about the wording

apumic

Oracle of the Sheet
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Status
Medical Student
...and you do that with a computer? :laugh:

its easier to ask here. like I said Im feeling lazy.

So do we. ;)

Let us all know when you get your answer.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2009
Tallahassee
Status
Pre-Medical
So do we. ;)

Let us all know when you get your answer.
If I knew the answer I'd tell you, but I don't. What's even funnier is that you all could've answered the question in the same amount of time that it took you to tell him to screw off... thumbs up :thumbdown:

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2009
PA
Status
Attending Physician
Yikes.

I'll be helpful here.

There are special transcript request forms that you can print out once you have access to your AMCAS. I'd say the first day you have access, print these and send them out. A month is more than enough time to have them sent. Get everything else filled out and your app should be good to go when you can hit submit.

stimulus package
Dec 8, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Yikes.

I'll be helpful here.

There are special transcript request forms that you can print out once you have access to your AMCAS. I'd say the first day you have access, print these and send them out. A month is more than enough time to have them sent. Get everything else filled out and your app should be good to go when you can hit submit.

it's so nice to see that some people don't have sticks up their butts :)

apumic

Oracle of the Sheet
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Status
Medical Student
If I knew the answer I'd tell you, but I don't. What's even funnier is that you all could've answered the question in the same amount of time that it took you to tell him to screw off... thumbs up :thumbdown:
lol, actually we couldn't have because we (or at least I) didn't have the answer. I was teasing since the OP basically refused to email them and ask for an answer from AMCAS. That response was the best one really since it'd provide the most complete and accurate response possible.

surftheiop

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Status
Yikes.

I'll be helpful here.

Do you need to use the special transcript form?

We can just send official transcripts using a website online and it takes like 2 minutes so I don't want to have to deal with extra paperwork unless its necessary.