Amcas Q regarding pass/no pass courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do i list the grade and units?

So would it be like

Spanish 1
Pass
5 units?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

as far as i know...yes

Do i list the grade and units?

So would it be like

Spanish 1
Pass
5 units?

Thanks.
List your coursework exactly as it is listed on your transcript. That is what AMCAS checks it against. In my case, my college doesn't award credit hours, so I left those boxes blank. I put all of my grades as "P." AMCAS calculated a GPA of 0.0 for me based on no credit hours. You have credit hours and presumably you've taken other coursework for grades, so I have no idea what they'll do for you.

List your coursework exactly as it is listed on your transcript. That is what AMCAS checks it against. In my case, my college doesn't award credit hours, so I left those boxes blank. I put all of my grades as "P." AMCAS calculated a GPA of 0.0 for me based on no credit hours. You have credit hours and presumably you've taken other coursework for grades, so I have no idea what they'll do for you.

At my school you could take courses for pass/no pass and you could receive credit for them. They didnt effect your gpa at all, but u could receive credit. I did this with some general reqs.

If I were to put a P for my grade, would this create problems for when amcas calculated my gpa? Also how do you view your amcas calculated gpa?

Thanks guys.