AMCAS Question about GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MorganMuscles

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think i read somewhere that your GPA is broken down by year, as your overall, science and all others gpa's. I know that your overall, science and all others gpa's are broken down as that but is it true about it being broken down by years as well?

Members don't see this ad.

MorganMuscles said:
I think i read somewhere that your GPA is broken down by year, as your overall, science and all others gpa's. I know that your overall, science and all others gpa's are broken down as that but is it true about it being broken down by years as well?

Yes it is true. After you submit your grades and AMCAS verifies them, a little box will show up on your application with your grades broken down by each year. You can see that box only when you go to print your application.

sweettpea23 said:
Yes it is true. After you submit your grades and AMCAS verifies them, a little box will show up on your application with your grades broken down by each year. You can see that box only when you go to print your application.

But the adcoms see this as well right? Thats the important part for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
MorganMuscles said:

yes they see it also...One dean even showed me the form they get. It's the same chart.

MorganMuscles said:

Yeah, I read this somewhere on either the MSAR or AAMC site. I'm not sure where I found it.

Thanks for the response. I messed up my first 2 years of college and since i've come back to school after a major injury i have earned a respectable GPA.