AMCAS question: To Submit, Or Not To Submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Machaon

I LIKE BRAINS
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've finished my AMCAS but I'm waiting on the April 2004 MCAT score. Should I still submit the application and have them wait on the score? Or should I wait until the scores come out in a week? I'm not freaking out about being the first kid on the planet to submit the application: I'm just making sure I'm not being an idiot by sitting on it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Machaon said:
I've finished my AMCAS but I'm waiting on the April 2004 MCAT score. Should I still submit the application and have them wait on the score? Or should I wait until the scores come out in a week? I'm not freaking out about being the first kid on the planet to submit the application: I'm just making sure I'm not being an idiot by sitting on it. Thanks!

Your concern is valid. Just hold off on the slight chance that your MCAT score isn't as great as you had hoped. You'll be glad you did, should you pay for a bunch of schools and regret it later. You can also pay for 1 school and add the rest after the scores come back. It won't even be verified by then, but you'll have your spot in line reserved. Good luck! :luck: Isn't "mid-june" so vague. I tell ya, those MCAT people know how to rub salt in a sore wound.

i would wait for your score to come then submit if you are happy with it. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure your transcripts are on their way and just sit on the AMCAS for a while waiting for your score. No need to waste the money in case you did poorly. Just get everything in (including transcripts) before the end of June and you'll be fine.

If you've already submitted and you decide to take the August MCAT, can you change that designation on the AMCAS app?