Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

amcas question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by qb1, Jul 8, 2000.

  1. qb1

    qb1 Junior Member

    Jun 22, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Hello, I'm wondering about filling out the "schools attended" portion of the application. My undergraduate degree is in teaching and when I student taught I did it at a different college within the Minnesota State University System. My official transcript states that I student taught at the other school, yet I have no official transcript from them, and no grade as it is a sat-unsat system. Does anyone know if I need to include this school in the list?????
    Thanks in advance.....
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. mophead

    mophead Member

    May 7, 2000
    Likes Received:
    I had a similar situation. We had a consortium of universities where I went to graduate school, and I took several courses at another university while a student. These were listed on my original university's transcripts with grades, and I was never considered a student at the second university, so I couldn't have gotten a transcript from them even if I had wanted to. Sounds like this might be a parallel for you.

    In another case, though, I transferred in credits from another university to my undergrad institution. In this situation I did get a transcript from the other university.

    When in doubt, you can always call or email the AAMC. Just be prepared to be on hold for 15 min to 1/2 hour if you call, or wait several days for a response if you email.

Share This Page