AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CalypsoMed

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is it to keep strictly to the point when filling in your BCPM/A descriptions on your AMCAS. The reason I ask is I have taken two "gray area" classes, Bioethics (listed as a philosophy) and Physical Geography (listed as a geography) that could theoretically be considered Biology and Physics respectively. I would like to assign science abbreviations to them because it would help my science GPA, but will medical schools have a problem with that? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think you can list those courses under science, but you can check with the pre-med advising office in steele building just to make sure. In any case, i think if you do list them as science courses and thats not the way AMCAS sees it, they'll make the changes on your transcript while they verify your application. I'm figuring it should work the other way round as well, ie-if AMCAS considers those classes under the BCPM and you listed them as A, they'll make the changes.
Oh yeah, and just in case you havent had the school mail your transcript yet, make sure you remove your stops first. My transcript request was returned because of that, and getting them to hurry up with mailing my transcript "sucked ass" and was "hella hard," as cartman would have said.

Yeah, I had the school mail my transcript, so I HOPE it got to AMCAS. I just talked with a friend who mailed her AMCAS application out in early June and she just got a letter from AMCAS saying that they haven't received her transcript yet (even though she requested it in May!). I guess our registrars suck.....oh well.
Thanks for the info. I'd really would like to help my science GPA with some of these fringe classes though......It's quite tempting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I may know you.
Do you have a guinea pig named calypso?
Are you the person behind Nomar Garciapara's spectacular attendance at tar heel games?
If yes, then wuzzup "chippy."

Wuzzup Master T?????? How's everything going along in India????? I'll e-mail you later.....Gotta study now!