N

neuro920

Under the work/activities section for the AMCAs application you are only allowed to make 15 entries. Is this correct?
I just finished doing the D.O application and you could list unlimited numbers of activities/awards and work experience. I don't really know how to limit this down.

I was also wondering about what M.D schools to apply to. My stats are relatively low so I would only apply to lower tier schools. What are the lower tier schools? I'm from Wisconsin so I'm applying to MCW for sure.

Thanks for the help.

MollyMalone

I'm a Score Quadruplet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
The anterosuperior branch of the inferomedial some
Status
neuro920 said:
Under the work/activities section for the AMCAs application you are only allowed to make 15 entries. Is this correct?
I just finished doing the D.O application and you could list unlimited numbers of activities/awards and work experience. I don't really know how to limit this down.

I was also wondering about what M.D schools to apply to. My stats are relatively low so I would only apply to lower tier schools. What are the lower tier schools? I'm from Wisconsin so I'm applying to MCW for sure.

Thanks for the help.
I suggest you beg/borrow a copy of the MSAR to check stats. Be advised that many of the schools with the lowest stats also receive the highest volume of applications, so you may want to broaden your view.

1/3 avgs. lower than your stats, 1/3 even, and 1/3 higher is a popular formula if possible for you.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
limit what is relevant and useful, not just empty filler

apply to state schools- my formula is usually 2-3 reach schools, a whole bunch of competitive schools (the majority) and 2-3 safety schools. If its low, you might also wnat to apply to a postbac special masters in the event you dont get into med school, Just a cushion to fall back onto

leahmaria

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
you should certainly apply to UW as well...they interview 3/4 of in state applicants. If you're interested in staying close to home, there are schools in Chicago across the board with stats.

About the Ads